(Last Updated: September 2017)
This website www.iraqichristianhrc.org (the “Website”) is owned and operated by the Iraqi Christian Human Rights Council, located at 2844 Livernois Road, # 393, Troy, Michigan 48099 (referred to as “ICHRC”, “we”, “us” or “our”). These terms and conditions govern your use of the Website (the “Terms”).
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE WEBSITE. By using the pages on the Website, you signify your agreement to these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not use the Website. ICHRC reserves the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of these Terms at any time. Please check periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes to these Terms will mean you accept those changes.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF MATERIALS:
(a) The Website and its entire contents, features and functionality, including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, illustrations, icons, photographs, video and audio, the design, selection and arrangement thereof, and written and other materials contained on the Website (collectively, the “Contents”) are owned by ICHRC, its affiliates, representatives, or other providers of such material, and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. These Terms permit you to use the Website for your non-commercial use only. No right, title or interest in or to the Website or any of the Contents are transferred to you, and all rights not expressly granted, are reserved by ICHRC.
(b) The ICHRC name, its logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans, are trademarks of ICHRC or its affiliates or representatives. You may not use such marks without the prior written permission of the ICHRC. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
YOUR OBLIGATIONS AND REPRESENTATIONS:
(a) You may use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms.
(b) You promise that: (i) you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the ICHRC; (ii) you will not use the Website in any way that violates any applicable local or international law or regulation; (iii) you will not impersonate or attempt to impersonate ICHRC, an employee, officer or director, another user or any other person or entity; (iv) you will not do anything that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Website or interfere with any person’s use of the Website; (v) you will not use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Website for any unlawful purpose or in violation of these Terms; (vi) you will not introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful; and (vii) you will not co-brand or frame the Website or hyper-link to it without the express prior written permission of an authorized representative of ICHRC.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE / DMCA POLICY:
This policy statement lists our requirements for providing notice of copyright infringement and for responses to such a notice if you or your materials are accused. We utilize the copyright infringement procedures of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- Notice of Copyright Infringement. To notify us of copyright infringement, please send a written communication to our Copyright Notices Department, at the contact points listed below in Part C. That written communication should include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Counter-Notice by Accused Subscriber. If you are a Website User or contributor and we have taken down your materials due to suspicion of copyright infringement, you may dispute the alleged infringement by sending a written communication to our Copyright Notice Department, at the contact points listed in Part C below. That written communication should include the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the Website user or contributor.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the Website user or contributor has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- The Website user’s or contributor’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the Website user or contributor consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which such address is located, or if the Website user’s or contributor’s address is outside of the United States, the Federal District Court for Oakland County, Michigan, USA, and that the user or subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of copyright infringement or an agent of such person.
- Agent for Notices. Please send all notices required by this policy to our Copyright Notice Department at Iraqi Christian Human Rights Council, Attn: Copyright Notice Department, 2844 Livernois Road, # 393, Troy, Michigan 48099, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Revision of Policy. We may revise these Terms at any time, including by posting a new version at the Website.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES:
THE MATERIALS IN THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, ICHRC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ICHRC DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE CONTENTS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ICHRC DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF OR THE RESULT OF THE USE OF THE CONTENTS IN THE WEBSITE IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL IRAQI CHRISTIAN HUMAN RIGHTS COUNCIL, ITS AFFILIATES, REPRESENTATIVES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD-PARTY FOR ANY SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, OR LOSS OF GOODWILL WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE WEBSITE OR OF ANY WEBSITE REFERENCED OR LINKED TO FROM OUR WEBSITE. YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL CLAIMS AND DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE MISUSE OF THE WEBSITE BY YOU.
These Terms are effective until terminated by either party. You may terminate at any time by discontinuing use of the Website and destroying all Contents obtained from the Website and all related documentation and all copies and installations thereof, whether made under these Terms or otherwise. Your access to the Website may be terminated immediately without notice from us if in our sole discretion you fail to comply with any term or provision of these Terms. Upon termination, you must cease use of the Website and destroy all Contents obtained from the Website and all copies thereof, whether made under these Terms or otherwise.
LINKS FROM THE WEBSITE:
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any third-party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such third-party websites.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change the terms and conditions of these Terms at any time. Any changes are effective immediately upon posting to the Website. Your continued use of the Website constitutes your agreement to all such terms and conditions.
You acknowledge that a breach of any confidentiality or proprietary rights provision of these Terms may cause ICHRC irreparable damage, for which the award of damages would not be adequate compensation. Consequently, ICHRC may institute an action to enjoin you from any and all acts in violation of those provisions, which remedy shall be cumulative and not exclusive, and ICHRC may seek the entry of an injunction enjoining any breach or threatened breach of those provisions, in addition to any other relief to which ICHRC may be entitled at law or in equity.
GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE:
These Terms shall be construed and governed by the laws of the State of Michigan, without regard to the principles of conflict of laws thereof. You agree and accept that any legal action or proceeding shall be brought in the federal or state courts for the State of Michigan, County of Oakland, and you expressly waive any objection to personal jurisdiction, venue or forum non conveniens.
If any provision of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be contrary to law, such provision shall be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of the original provision to the fullest extent allowed by law and the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
WAIVER AND AMENDMENT:
If ICHRC fails to insist upon strict performance of your obligations under any of these Terms, or if ICHRC fails to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which it is entitled under these Terms, this will not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and will not relieve you from compliance with such obligations. No waiver by ICHRC of any default will constitute a waiver of any subsequent default, and no waiver by ICHRC of any of these Terms will be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing.
These Terms, together with the documents expressly referred to herein, constitutes the sole and entire agreement between you and ICHRC with respect to the Website and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous understandings, agreements, representations and warranties, both written and oral, with respect to the Website.
HOW TO CONTACT US:
Please see contact information in the relevant section above regarding reporting copyright infringement. If you have any comments or questions regarding our Terms or Website generally, you can contact us at:
Iraqi Christian Human Rights Council
Attention: Executive Director
2844 Livernois Road, # 393
Troy, Michigan 48099 USA
Thank you for visiting the Iraqi Christian Human Rights Council Website.